Chennai Shopping - Tirupathi
Tirupathy Temple is considered as one of the holiest shrines by the Hindus. Tirupathi is the richest and one of the most revered shrines in India. The highly sacred and antique nature of the Tirupati Balaji temple is evident through a large number of mentions in several puranas including the Varaha Purana and the Bavishyottara Purana.
Kanchipuram is a famous temple city in the India Sri Ekambareswar Temple is considered one of the most popular and largest temples in Kanchipuram. Kanchipuram is place easily accessible by road at any time.
AIP will always fulfill your needs by offering a high quality of service.
Accommodation with breakfast in the selected hotels on twin or triple sharing basis.
Meal Plan as per the itinerary.
Assisstance of driver cum guide.
All transfers and sightseeing by Air conditioned vehicle.
Driver allowance, Fuel charges, Parking, Toll, Interstate tax etc.
International airfare and airport taxes.
All Entrances fees
Tips and porter charges
Any other services not specified above
1. Government Museum - The Government Museum also known as Egmore Museum or the Madras Museum is the second oldest museums in India after Indian museum in Kolkatta which is located in Egmore, Chennai. If you have any interest in Indian art this place is a must! an amazing collection of classic Indian bronze sculptures of dancing Siva's, Ganesh and Kali. These works are well lit, superb and well worth a look. This government museum has some primitive statues and some old artefacts. The most striking feature or attractive thing about this is the collection of paintings from the British era. Some paintings are of great painter Raja Ravi Verma. There are a lot of interesting displays in here including old statues of Hindu gods which are very impressive.
Timings: 09.30 AM - 5.00 PM Closed: Friday
Charges: Indian-15 INR; Foreigner- 250 INR
2. VGP Universal & Snow Kingdom - VGP Universal Kingdom is an amusement park located in East Coast Road in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is the best theme park in Chennnai. The park provides several fun and adventure rides for children, youth and adults. It offer amusement water rides, fun attractions & thrilling snow games at family-friendly pricing.
Package: Gold(Universal + Aqua) / Platinum(Universal + Aqua + Snow)
Entry: Adult: 550 INR / 945 INR; Child: 450 INR / 845 INR (Between 90 - 120 cms in ht)
3. Guindy National Park & Snake Park - It is the 8th-smallest National Park of India and one of the very few national parks situated inside a city (Adyar). Guindy Snake Park, it is located next to the Children's Park in the Guindy National Park campus. In addition to over thirty Indian snakes, this specialty zoo is home to domestic and exotic crocodiles, turtles and tortoises. A library and museum are also on site. For those interested in the study of snakes it is a wonderful place. Though creepy and scary at times, it is a place worth the visit.
Visiting Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM (All days of the week except Tuesday)
Entry: Adult: 15 INR; Child: 10 INR
4. Valluvar Kottam - It's a temple chariot like-monument in kodambakkam in Chennai, dedicated to the classical tamil poet philosopher Thiruvalluvar. In addition to being an important tourist destination in the city, Valluvar Kottam also plays host to some of the most important exhibitions and events in the city. Handlooms and handicrafts are regularly hosted in the auditorium here and is a good way to spend a few hours admiring the artistic beauty of both the what lays inside and outside.
5. DakshinaChitra - DakshinaChitra is a living-history museum in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, dedicated to South Indian heritage and culture. Located 25 kms to the south of Chennai. It portrays a slice of the traditions, art, architecture, lifestyles, crafts and customs of 4 South Indian states - Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
Timings: 10am to 6 pm; Weekly holiday: Tuesday
Indians: Adult - INR 100 - INR 120; Students (13-18yrs) - INR 50
Overseas visitors: Adult - INR 250; Students - INR 70
6. B.M. Birla Planetarium - B. M. Birla Planetarium is a large planetarium in kotturpuram, Chennai providing a virtual tour of the night sky and holding cosmic shows on a specially perforated hemispherical aluminium inner dome. Multi-dimensional activities and multimedia projection arrangements which have been incorporated inside the sky theatre make the programme further lively and excited one.
Timings: 10 am to 5.45 pm (Open all days except on national holidays.)
Show timings:10.45 am, 1.15 pm and 3.45 pm (English) & 12 noon and 2.30 pm (Tamil)
Entry: 60 - 100 INR
7. Arignar Anna Zoological Park - It is the first public zoo in India, also known as the Vandalur Zoo, is a zoological garden located in Vandalur, is in the south western part of Chennai, about 31 kilometres from the Chennai Central and 15 kilometres from Chennai Airport. Well maintained zoo with an amazing diversity of flora and fauna. The animals are well kept and healthy. The four Bengal tigers born in the zoo were a treat to watch. It's a huge space and lots of walking required. Great that they have bicycle and e-vehicle option to roam in the zoo.
- 50 per person for adults (above 10 years)
- 20 per person for children (5 to 12 years)
- 100 per person Lion and Deer Safari for adult
- 60 per person Lion and Deer Safari for children
8. St. Thomas Mount - St. Thomas Mount is a small hillock in Chennai, near Guindy and very close to Chennai International Airport. The ancient Syrian Christian community of India trace the origin of their church to St. Thomas the Apostle.
9. Vivekananda House - Vivekanandar Illam, earlier known as Ice House or Castle Kernan is a historical building in Chennai. It was constructed in 1842 by Frederic Tudor. Indian Saint Swami Vivekananda stayed in the building when he visited Chennai in 1897 and was later renamed in his honor. Now, this historic place houses a permanent exhibition on Indian Culture and Swami Vivekananda’s Life.
Timing: 10.00 AM to 12.15 PM and from 3.00 PM to 7.15 PM except Mondays.
Entry Fee: Rs.10 per adult and Rs.5 per child.
10. MGM Dizzee World - MGM Dizzee World is a theme park located in East Coast Road, Chennai. The park has a log flume, Ferris wheel, spider spin, roller coaster, the funny mountain, dashing cars, super trooper, a water world and it also hosts special seasonal shows.
Park Timings: 10:30 A.M. - 6:30 P.M.
Entry Fee: Adult: 699 INR; Child: 549 INR
11. Queens Land - Queens Land is a theme park is located by the Chennai-Bangalore Trunk Road between Sriperumpudhur and Poonamalle.
The entry fee is 750 INR for an adult and 450 INR for a child. Children shorter than 2 feet (0.61 m) tall are not charged.
The park is open from 10 am to 6:30 pm on weekdays and 10:00 am to 7:30 pm on weekends and government holidays. It is closed on Mondays for maintenance, with the exception of holidays. Food and drink are available within the park.
12. Kishkinta - Kishkinta is a theme park located in Chennai, near Vandalur Railway station which has a serene atmosphere, 13 km south of Anakaputhur.
Timing: 10:00 AM to 06:30 PM
Park Access Tariff: Senior - Rs.690; Junior - Rs.490
13. Vadapalani Murugan Temple - Renovated in 1920, this Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Muruga is a popular place to get married.
14. Kalikambal Temple - The K?lik?mbal Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shri K?lig?mb?l and Lord Kamadeswarar, located in Parry's corner locality of the city of Chennai.
15. Shree Sai Baba Temple - Shirdi Sai Baba Temple is a Hindu temple located in the neighbourhood of Mylapore & Akkarai in Chennai. It is dedicated to the Indian saint Sai Baba of Shirdi.
16. ISKCON - ISKCON Temple Chennai is a Vaishnava temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. It is located on the East Coast Road at Akkarai, Sholinganallur in southern Chennai. Built on 1.5 acres of land, the International Society for Krishna Consciousness Chennai is the largest Radha Krishna temple in Tamil Nadu.
17. Sowcarpet - Sowcarpet is a neighbourhood in the northern part of Chennai. Sowcarpet is one of the oldest neighbourhoods of the city with narrow streets and vintage buildings. It is a bustling commercial area of the city, and a range of wholesale markets are located here.
18. Annai Vailankanni Shrine - Gothic-style Catholic pilgrimage destination with a small museum & store for religious items.